The aim of the project management part of this blog
We provide practical tools and techniques that will make your projects a success!
Project management is a very important discipline in our world today. It is a successful and proven approach to accomplish from simple to very complex undertakings. It helps us to build international communication bridges because of a common vocabulary and shared standardized processes. The availability of software makes a very important contribution to project administration. On the other hand many people think that project management is only comprised of the administrative component. Project management is much more that a combination of administrative processes and tools.
The aim of this blog is to provide a resource to people who want to apply practical project management. It is a resource for the individual who wants to use project management for private or corporate reasons. Some people want to improve themselves academically. This is catered for by specific institutions. We will refer you to applicable institutions and also assist in the preparation of academical studies. Whether you are an entrepreneur or a manager in a formal enterprise this site will be of great assistance to you in the practical application of project management.
Planned outline of the blog
Business and project management:
- What should the project manager/participant know about business? What should the business manager know about project management?
- Developing a basic business plan.
- How do I finance my project? Sources of financing.
- Training in project management – Hands on courses and workshops to build your project management competences and skills. On line and residential.
- Education – How to further yourself academically. Selecting the right institution and preparing yourself.
The role of the project manager (some of the functions)
- Hiring and selecting the right staff
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Books –selected books that you can buy from the blog.
- Articles – relevant articles where we will discuss topics of interest.
- Tutorials – video tutorials on how to use some of the project management tools e.g. developing a network diagram.
- Templates – how to develop the scope and charter for your project.
- Assessment tools – how to appoint the “right” person on your team. Appointing the best contractor.
- Software – how to select software applicable for your project.
- Consulting service – using us to plan or re plan a project and assist in managing the project.
Powered by Facebook Comments